LotfotL CHOICE CSA Options
Regular Season Choice CSA Program
LotFotL Choice CSA allows members to choose what items they want and what quantity works best for them. Continue reading for more details.
2019 – CHOICE Details
What to Expect:
- Full Spectrum: Includes veggies, fruit, meat, eggs, cheese, and bread. Some occasional other items will be available for purchase at the pick up site (honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- Meatless: Includes veggies, fruit, eggs, cheese, and bread. Some occasional other items will be available for purchase at the pick up site (honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- Produce Only: Will include veggies and fruit. Some occasional other items will be available for purchase at the pick up site (honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- Home Delivery: Any of our CHOICE options above can be home delivered in our delivery area. We charge an additional $7.70/wk (i.e $200/year) for this convenience. Simply choose the home delivery option when you go through the sign up process.
What it looks like: Click Here to get the run down of what food to expect, how the program flows, best practices and more.
When: The program runs from approximately May-October and is 26 weeks long.
Where: Our delivery sites are as follows. Members will be served directly out of our delivery truck. It is like a farmers market on wheels!
- Tuesday 2:30-4pm- Urban Ecology Center 1500 E. Park Pl. Parking area
- Tuesday 5-7pm- Bay View – ***Garden District Parking Lot 6th and Norwich
- Thursday 1:30-3pm – Pewaukee – Good Harvest Market
- Thursday 4-6pm – New Berlin – GMR Marketing
- Saturday 8:30-10am- Shorewood – Northwoods building corner of Capitol Dr and Newhall St
- Saturday 10:30-12pm – ***Bay View – Garden District Parking Lot 6th and Norwich
How Much: Price is based on how many people are in your family. The contract runs for the entire season, so members sign up for the program and commit to paying for the full 26 deliveries. Members can pay all at once, or put down a $450 deposit (per household) and schedule automated monthly payments for the season.
Price Chart: Take a look at the program that you are interested in and use the chart to determine the full cost. Example: A family with 2 adults and one child between the ages of 5 and 10 that chose the Full Spectrum option would pay…. $1352+$1352+$338=$3042 for the season. Showing a total weekly cost of $117/wk.
***NEW*** Home Delivery: Any of our CHOICE options above can be home delivered in our delivery area. We charge an additional $7.70/wk (i.e $200/year) for this convenience. Simply choose the home delivery option when you go through the sign up process.
Payment Program: Setting up a payment program is easy with CHOICE. Any membership option will ask for a $450 deposit (regardless of how many people are in your family) and then divide the remaining balance into 6 additional payments that will begin in May. Your payment program is set up with a credit/debit card to generate automated payments.
CSA Organic Disclaimer: The vast majority of what goes into CSA shares is grown in accordance of standards set for organic certification and is certified organic, but on occasion some crops come from other farms or fields that, while managed in a way consistent with certified organic crops, are not currently certified. Any uncertified items are always disclosed in our newsletters.
Submit your review
Delicious food, tons of choices, and lots of flexibility. This program is a great way to get delicious healthy food and choose just what you need. I absolutely recommend this program!!
The flexibility is wonderful- I love being able to take just what I like and need, but still have the chance to try vegetables that are new to me. The vegetables are more tasty, ripe and fresh than any supermarket offers. And it’s really convenient to be able to get high-quality local meat, cheese and bread at the same stop. It’s excellent value for the price.
Excellent people and so it is not a surprising - wonderful food!
Great farm! Great food! The choice program is serving our family so well this summer! And both Tim and April are so kind and willing to help the community!
"LotFotL's CHOICE CSA exceeded our expectations last year. The selection each week was extensive, the quality and freshness were fantastic, we were in and out in 15 minutes most weeks so it was a huge time savings for us (not insignificant when you have small children), and honestly it saved us money in the long run. We spent a lot less time at the grocery store each week so there was fewer impulse buys. We also enjoyed how the CHOICE CSA program made us more creative in the kitchen. It really helped us hone our weekly meal planning so that we're eating simple, satisfying, local food each week. Can't wait for the next season to start!" -- Jennifer & Alex Deal
Back in the day, cost and the food pyramid were the prime directives when completing the once-a-week grocery shopping. It's become much more as consumers consider carbon/chemical footprints, keeping resources local, avoiding processed foods, etc And because I am a consumer of LOTFOTL, I can eat in a consciously responsible manner. I not only know where my local food is coming from, I have the privilege of seeing their smiling faces and talking with them each week. The produce selection is exceptional and has encouraged me to explore new cooking and preserving habits. The meat choices have been delicious, as have the eggs and cheeses. There are often little surprises such as honey and maple syrup. As a member, I know I'm doing something good not only for myself but the local farmers and the environment.