- 1-1.5 lbs cubed LotFotL pork steak pieces or cubed butt roast
- 2-3 T cooking oil (olive, avocado, coconut, peanut, etc.)
- 1-2 T cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh pineapple juice, or juice from the canned pineapple, or substitute orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup fresh or canned bite-size pineapple chunks
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into bit sized strips
1. Heat a pan with oil to med high. Add the pork cook until nearly cooked through, watch heat and turn down if needed. Remove from heat.
2. Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the water, ketchup, pineapple juice, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
5. Heat the oil in the wok or a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until just aromatic, about 20 seconds. Add the bell pepper, pineapple and the sauce and stir to coat the vegetables. Let the sauce simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the pineapple to become tender (about 1 minute for canned pineapple). Return pork to the wok and toss until well coated with the sauce. Transfer to a plate and serve over rice.