THE PROGRAM IN A NUT SHELL:
- Program cost is $25 (NON-REFUNDABLE).
- Work your designated hours needed to earn your share
- Your CSA box is delivered on Thursday (Choice Program is Tuesday or Saturday) to a drop site of your choice
- Work begins in Late May or June and runs through November
Set or Flexible Work Schedule
Step one is to choose between a very set schedule and a flexible schedule: Set schedule will commit to working on a set day throughout the year, for example Mondays from 8-12. Flexible schedule will need to communicate when you will work at least 2 weeks in advance.
Earn a Weekly Share
- $25 cost
- 80 hours of work for set schedule OR 84 hours for flexible schedule
Earn a Bi-weekly Share
- $25 cost
- 40 hours of work for a set schedule OR 44 hours for a flexible schedule.
Earn a CHOICE Program Share
- 80 hours of work gives you a $532 discount off your subscription price for a set schedule OR $500 discount for a flexible schedule.
- 160 hours of work gives you a $1064 discount off your subscription price for a set schedule OR $1000 discount for a flexible schedule.
- remaining balance must be paid in full before program begins or AUTOMATED payments must be set up through our Member Assembler Payment process.
Other Ways to Earn Food
- We have a unique opportunity to worker share at our farmers market stand at West Allis market this year.
- Thursday (market runs from 12-6) Bring food from the farm in Elkhorn to the market stand and back.
- Saturday (market runs from 1-6) Bring food from the farm in Elkhorn to the market stand and back.
- Email [email protected] to set up an interview for this position
“Worker Share for a Day” Volunteer program
- Call or email the farm, in advance, to let them know you would like to come out to help (all volunteers must be 16 yrs of age or older).
- If you bring 2 or more helpers with you, we will give you $20 for gas. Use our carpool page to help fill your car.
- Everyone that volunteers has access to gratitude food which is any extra food that is harvestable that day and/or food off the seconds table.
I want to trade/barter my Non-Farm skills
- Folks that have skills that we need to help grow and maintain the farm, may be able to trade for food. These situations are best discussed and negotiated in person. Contact [email protected] to schedule a meeting.