- 2 slices of the bread of your choice (I had jalapeno cheddar from Wild Flour Bakery on hand)
- Spicy brown mustard
- Provolone cheese
- Rosemary Gouda cheese
- Garlic and herb goat cheese
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado, smashed
- 1 egg (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet (preferably cast iron). Once preheated, turn heat to low/medium low. You want your cheese to melt before your bread burns.
- Spread a THIN layer of mustard on both sides of your bread (there will be more in the middle of the sandwich).
- On the first slice of bread, place a slice of provolone and the garlic and herb goat cheese. On the second slice, place a slice of rosemary Gouda and the smashed avocado.
- Grill the sandwich open-faced in the skillet until the cheese is melty and your bread is a beautiful golden brown.
- (Optional) Fry your egg to desired hardness (personally, I like mine over-easy to over-medium).
- Assemble your sandwich by placing your optional fried egg in the middle with a handful of arugula and spinach and a drizzle more of mustard.