- 1 cucumber
- 1 summer squash
- 1-2 stems green onion
- 1 T fresh dill, chopped (OR 1 t dried dill)
- 1-2 fresh basil leaves (OR 1/4 to 1/2 t dried basil)
- 2 T white vinegar
- 2 T white sugar
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash the cucumber, remove all or some of the peel, depending on if you like the taste. Cut off the stem and chop into 1/2 inch cubes. Repeat with the summer squash.
2. Finely chop the green onions.
3. Combine cucumber, summer squash, green onion, dill, and basil in a medium-sized bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, combine sugar with vinegar until it dissolves. Slowly add in the oil, whisking until the mixture emulsifies (or turns white and cloudy). Taste dressing and add more sugar, vinegar, or oil to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour dressing onto salad and mix well. Refrigerate to let vegetables marinate in the dressing or enjoy immediately!