Farm Fresh Veggie Lentil Salad
- 1 3/4 cups green (french) lentils, rinsed and any debris removed
- juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large tomato, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lg Red Bell pepper chopped
- 1 Cup of chopped arugula
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add lentils, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a rapid simmer. Cook for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a fry pan, saute the bell pepper until soft, add arugula at the last minute a stir quickly until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- While the lentils cool, in a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, ginger, and honey. On top of dressing, add tomato, feta, parsley, bell pepper, and arugula, and cooled lentils. Stir ingredients to combine and coat with dressing.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Enjoy immediately or keep covered in fridge.