Quick Pickled Black Spanish Radishes: Choose unblemished radishes that are firm to the touch.
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each of: coriander seed, mustard seed, fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 medium black radishes, rinsed and thinly sliced
- fine sea salt
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
In a medium saucepan, add water, vinegar, sugar and spices (up to the peppercorns). Heat over medium-high until it comes to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Turn off heat and let steep.
Generously salt the sliced radishes and place in a colander for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
In a large glass jar, add radishes, onion, garlic and brine. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy!