Red Oak Lettuce Salad with Apples, Toasted Walnuts, & Gorgonzola Cheese
1 TBSP dijon mustard
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup extra virging olive oil
1 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Toast the walnuts in a 325 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. Allow them to cool and then lightly chop.
- Cut or tear the leaves from the stem of the lettuce, wash and spin them dry. Place the lettuce in a medium size salad bowl.
- Peel, core and quarter the apples. Cut apple quarters into 1/4″ cubes, toss with lemon juice to prevent browning, then add them to the salad bowl.
- Dressing: Combine the mustard, vinegar, thyme and mayonnaise in a bowl and whisk together. Whisk the olive oil into the vinagrette in a slow steady stream to emulsify. Stir in the crumbled Gorgonzola, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the crumbled cheese, toasted walnuts and dressing and toss lightly to coat the lettuce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe from: Artisan Pantry