Community Supported Agriculture
Our boxes can be delivered on a weekly or biweekly schedule. In addition to vegetables and fruit, you will find chicken and egg shares available during the growing season. Meat shares are delivered during the Winter and early Spring when we are not in vegetable production. You will also want to take a look at our online farm store options, allowing you to supplement your CSA deliveries with in season and/or local foods like bulk fruit, meat, and honey.
NEW! This year we introduce our “Choice” CSA Program. This is a full service option that gives maximum choice and variety to YOU and maximum support to your farmer. Choose your own veggies completely each week. In addition, find meat, egg, seasonal fruit, honey, and more available each week to round out your sustainable food options. This concept is designed to fill most of your whole food grocery needs for each week. An entirely unique concept that brings more choice into your life, more variety into your life, and makes shopping local EASY. Choose “Choice” CSA to support small family farms to the fullest extent. Learn more.
Share Types –
Weekly Share – $532 (expected start date June 2017) Vegetable and Fruit (Thursday delivery)
Biweekly Share – $312 (expected start date June 2017) Vegetable and Fruit Learn more (Thursday delivery)
Free Choice Market Share – $460 (expected start date June 2017) Pick your own veggies! Also this year for market CSA options, eggs and chickens! Learn more (Saturday delivery)
“Choice” CSA Program Share – $400-$1602 depending on age A new concept full of choices, veggies, fruit, meat, eggs, bread, cheese, and more (expected start date May 2017) Learn more (Tuesday or Saturday delivery)
Egg Share – (expected start date June 2017) Weekly for 20 wks and Biweekly for 10 wks. $53-$100 Learn more (Thursday delivery)
Chicken Share – (expected start date June 2017) Weekly for 20 wks and Biweekly for 10 wks. $220-$420– Learn more (Thursday delivery)
Meat Shares – Available starting in November and again in February. Learn more
Vacation Holds –
- Traditional CSA shares (produce, egg, chicken)- Shares can be put on hold if you will be away. LotFotL requires 48 hours advance notice for any vacation holds.
- Use this NEW link to schedule your vacation hold. Click Here. Or you can find a link on the CSA tab on our website.
- Choice CSA Program-members should email or talk to the farmer about when they will be missing a pick up day
Payment Options Include:
- Pay by Check (no fee)- Down payment due at the time of payment. Remainder due before your first delivery. Self managed payments are fine as long as the total due is received before your first delivery.
- Dwolla (no fee)- This allows you to easily pay online and have the money deducted directly from your bank account, saving the farm pricey processing fees that come with credit cards. Down payment due at the time of sign up and remainder due before your first delivery.
- Payment plans – This allows you to set up automated monthly payments to be charged to your credit/debit card.
- Credit Card – Allows you to easily pay the entire balance due with a credit or debit card.
Common items found in our shares:
Each week your share contents will differ. We plant over 60 different varieties that rotate throughout the season. To view the 2017 planting list click here.
Spring: Spinach, Asparagus, Radish, Scallions, Salad Mix, Hakurei Turnips, Asian Greens, Kale
Summer: Tomatoes, Green Beans, Melons, Peppers, Potatoes, Garlic, Onions
Fall: Winter Squash, turnips, Kohlrabi, Carrots, Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower
CSA Organic Disclaimer: The vast majority of what goes into CSA shares is grown in accordance of standards set for organic certification and is certified, but on occasion some crops come from other farms or fields that, while managed in a way consistent with certified organic crops, are not currently certified.
CSA Financial Aid Options:
More info coming soon.