WAYS TO EARN FOOD WITH LOTFOTL:
- Work at the farm to earn food
- Work with April – schedule time to work directly with April
- Trade or barter non-farm skills
NOTE: Covid guidelines may affect who and when we have worker shares or volunteers out on the farm. We will keep people up to date about changes.
Work on the farm
Our basic worker share program consists of a 4 hour shift once a week helping our crew with the day to day activities of producing food. This may include planting, weeding, packing, washing, cleaning, and more. Take a look at our application to learn more.
- 40 hrs of on farm work – earn 300 store credits to spend as a CSA member does on our online farm store.
- 80 hrs of on farm work – earn $640 store credits to spend as a CSA member does on our online farm store.
- *Flexible/on call – when the farm has needs, we will reach out via email with requests to schedule time to help. (gratitude food is offered on the day of work for this)
Work with Farmer April
- April’s work on the farm is often different from that of Farmer Tim and the crew. April, among other things, tends the bees, grows and processes herbs and flowers (drying, tea making, medicine making, etc.), preserves food (canning, freezing, fermenting), and prepares for weekly markets. On any given day folks could be involved in any number of projects from tending the yard and herb garden, to making soap, to working in the bee yard, to making kraut.
- Add yourself to April’s email list. April typically sends out a weekly email talking about what work is being done and an invitation to join. Some activities have limited space and will be first come first serve with reservations.
Trade/barter non-farm skills
Folks that have skills that we need to help grow and maintain the farm, may be able to trade for food. Past trades have included electrical work, mechanical work, carpentry, and website construction. These situations are best discussed and negotiated in person. Contact [email protected] to schedule a meeting.
Weekly South Shore Farmers Market – Work 7am-12:30pm, June – Oct. Receive $50 store credits per week to spend as a CSA member does on our online farm store. We are looking for weekly and biweekly helpers.
Landscaping: If you have experience with this kind of work, April is in the process of getting rid of as much lawn as possible and would welcome a helper.
Handyperson: If you are a handyman or woman we have some home and barn repairs that need doing. Everything from painting trim to building repair.
Event planning: We could use a helper planning and promoting our spring plant sale and our fall frenzy.
2022 APPLICATIONS COMING SOON: We begin taking applications and registrations for these things in February of 2022.