Is the produce organic?
What Are Your COVID-19 PROTOCOLS?
With the world of COVID-19 still strong and active, our pickup protocol will be similar to last year. Members come to the truck and order their food from a distance. Truck assistants pack your food basket based on your specifications. Proper protective equipment is worn and social distancing is requested and practiced.
Where is your delivery area?
Our delivery sites are as follows. (COVID-19 safety precautions will be in place.)
REGULAR SEASON: JUNE-OCTOBER
- SOLD OUT – Tuesday 2:30-4pm – Urban Ecology Center parking area – 1500 E. Park Pl.
- SOLD OUT – Tuesday 5-7pm – Garden District Parking Lot – 6th and Norwich
- SOLD OUT – Thursday CHOICE CSA Home Delivery – See Delivery area
- SOLD OUT – Thursday 3-6pm – LotFotL Community Farm – Elkhorn
- SOLD OUT – Saturday 8:30-11:30 am- Shorewood – Northwoods building – corner of Capitol Dr and Newhall St
- SOLD OUT – Saturday 8am-12pm – South Shore Farmers Market –South Shore Drive (special price and delivery schedule applies to match the 20 wk market schedule)
WINTER SEASON: NOV-FEB
- Sunday 12pm-6pm – Pick-up at LotFotL Community Farm – Elkhorn
- Sunday CHOICE CSA Home Delivery
- Tuesday CHOICE CSA Home Delivery
HOME DELIVERY ZONES: WINTER 2021-22
How Do I Pay?
- Pay all at once: pay with check (no fee) or credit card (3.5% fee).
- Pay automated installments: Deposit is due at the time of sign up, and your balance due will be divided into monthly payments due at the beginning of each month starting in the month that your program begins. (3.5% fee).
- Pay with monthly checks: send us your deposit and all of your payments on post-dated checks and we will cash them at the beginning of each month. (no fee).
How much food do I get?
Exactly the amount you want. Our programs are designed to get you the right amount of food for you.
Every week you can choose what you need from a variety items. Any items available in limited quantity may have restrictions.
- Part-time produce: limit 7 items (15 pick-ups)
- CHOICE programs: Whatever you will eat. remember to sign up all the eaters in your family.
- Winter programs – use your credits to make online purchases throughout the season.
CHOICE PROGRAM GUIDELINES:
- Cheese: Guideline: up to 1 block/adult/wk. (INCLUDES: Veggies Plus &Produce Only)
- Eggs: Guideline: 6-12 eggs/adult/wk. (INCLUDES: Veggies Plus &Produce Only)
- Bread: Guideline: 1/2-1 loaf/adult/wk (INCLUDES: Veggies Plus &Produce Only)
Where do your eggs come from?
Most of our eggs Alden Hills in Walworth, WI and are certified organic.
Where does your bread come from?
Most of our bread come from Rocket Baby Bakery in Wauwatosa. They do from scratch real deal sour dough loaves. They also source some of their flour from local Wisconsin producers. Bread is not organic. We also work with Gitto Farm and Kitchen and they are certified organic.
Where does your cheese come from?
Most of our cheese comes from Milwaukee’s Clock Shadow Creamery and their sister company Cedar Grove Cheese. Some of the options will be organic and some not. All of it is Wisconsin produced.
Where does your meat come from?
We work with a number of meat producers. See “Who are your farm partners?” to view a comprehensive list of producers that we work with. We look for small producers using sustainable practices feeding organic or local or gmo-free feed. For example, your 100% grassfed beef may not be certified, but it is raised on lush beautiful pasture. The pork raised here at LotFotL is not certified organic, but fed organic feed and raised on pasture. We choose meat that we would want to feed to our own family (and often times do).
Who are your farm partners?
We work with lots of farms around the state.
- Tipi Produce
- Springdale Farm
- Folk Tree Farm
- Wholesome Harvest
- Turtle Creek Gardens
- Red Door Family Farm
- Better Way Farms (MI)
- Dream Apple Farm
- Apple Barn
- Barnard Farms
- Ela Orchard
- Abiding Acres Farm
- Zinniker Farm
- Gitto Farm and Kitchen
- Dandee Berks
- Hometown Sausage
- Golden Bear Farm
- Bryant Family Farms
- Little Heathens Pasture
- Green Fire Farm