This one has become a fast favorite for spring. Serve it with a side of asparagus and you have a great lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups of cooked farro (cook on chicken stock for even more flavor and nourishment)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
1. Mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
2. Sauté spinach and mushrooms 3-4 minutes and mix with farro and add mint and chives and oil mixture. Sprinkle feta cheese over farro salad and stir until cheese is incorporated. Season salad with more salt and pepper if desired.